Wednesday 16 May 2012

What this is all about

Hello

Jonathan dancy, taken from  http://www.keele.ac.uk
From  http://www.keele.ac.uk    
This blog is purely here for me to put some thoughts down for my dissertation. I am an MA student at the University of Nottingham, and have chosen to write about moral particularism, especially Jonathan Dancy for my dissertation. I want to look at the notion of an ethical principal and see what it really is. My 'naive' view (if you can still get such things at this stage) is that ethical principles might be many things: the 'simple' rule that one ought not to kill has many aspects to it, and may be composed of more basic units. I have no idea currently how this can form the basis of a criticism of Dancy, and to be honest I like his writing style and bravery for backing a difficult position as particularism. It remains to be seen what I shall think. My working title is;

A Critical examination of the conception of moral principles in Dancy's particularism

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment